
One day I was sleeping with my head in my fish tank when all of the sudden I heard a huge "Weooweeeooooweooo!!!!" I felt something kind of hot touching my hand. In fact, it felt almost like fire, so I decided to open my eyes and then I looked at my hand and there was some hot, orangy glowing stuff dancing on my skin, making it turn all black. And it didn't feel too nice, either. I then realized that this dancing beauty must have been fire, so I screamed, Yeowwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee##@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then I ran around the house with tears pouring out of my eyes. It dawned on me that I should seek some water because I saw inside the magic box in my living room with the talking people that there was a boy named Timmy who was trapped in a burning barn, and he asked his faithful dog, Lassie, to fetch him some water, and when she brought him the water and he poured it on the fire, the fire went away. So, I looked long and hard and then I noticed the fish tank in the center of the room, so I plunged my hand inside and there was lots of smoke and ashes, but the fire stopped.
Suddenly, Squishy, my little goldfish bobbed up to the top for some air. Squishy was laying on his back with his fins drooping at his sides. He never did this before, so I thought he was showing me a new trick. "Funny, Squishy!" I giggled. I poked him with a tooth pick, but he just sunk to the bottom. I laughed again, "Oh Squishy, you're so funny! You're so smart. How ever did you learn such a neat trick?"
I sat and watched Squishy for a long, long time. I didn't even get up to go to the bathroom or take a shower or eat. After about three weeks, I was feeling really skinny and I smelled like dead smelt rolled in pig poo, so I decided to go to the kitchen to make myself a pbj. I when I got back, I saw a huge pigeon sitting on the edge of the fish tank. "Shoo bird!" I cried. The pigeon plunged his talons into the fish tank, seized Squishy by the tail, and flew out the window. "Squishy!!!!" I shrieked, but I was dreadfully too late. My poor fish was gone, and I was now petless.
I needed a new pet. I needed something to call my own, something that would bite the mailman every morning, something that would throw up all over my morning paper, something that would jump on the table and eat my dinner every night when I wasn't looking... I needed a dog!!!! I was so happy with my revelation that I could have sung. I hadn't brushed my teeth in three weeks, though, so when I opened my mouth to sing a note, all of the plants in the garden wilted. I looked out the window, and an old lady passed out on the sidewalk and a child ran away, screaming, "Mommy, Mommy! Something stinks!"
I decided that I needed to find the right kind of dog for me. There were lots of dogs out there... big dogs, little dogs, short dogs, tall dogs. I needed to find just the right one. So, I decided right then and there that I was going to find a dog right at that instant. I ran straight for the door. I kept banging and banging my head into the door, but it wouldn't seem to open. I screamed, "Let me outta here!!!" But the door didn't listen. Finally, I just gave up and jumped out the window. I was all cut up from the glass, but at least I was outside! I strolled halfway down the sidewalk, but then a fat little boy with short blonde hair cried out in laughter, "Daddy, that guy has no pants! " What was he talking about, I wondered. Then I looked down and realized he was talking about me! I didn't know how to get back into my house, so I ran in the backyard and covered my butt up with leaves. Then I carried on.
I walked and walked until I made it into the city. The city was very interesting, with so many cars and subways and buildings, and the people were very interested in me. Everybody seemed to stare at me and whisper amongst eachother. A few of them held their noses but kept on looking. I wondered what they were talking about, but all of this attention made me feel like a celebrity. I walked and walked until I heard a voice calling, "Hot dogs! Get your hot dogs! Nice and juicy!" Then it dawned on me- hot dog! I needed a hot dog. That would be the perfect pet. I would keep me warm at night because it was so hot! I ran up and found the man selling the dogs and I asked him for one. "That'll be $2.00," the man told me. I didn't have any money, so I hid behind the fire hydrant, and when he wasn't looking, I scurried up, snatched a dog from his cart, and ran off into the city.
I was so happy! I finally had a dog. A funny looking dog, with a long, skinny red body, a wrinkled face, and no arms, legs, ears, eyes, or a mouth, but he was a dog, nonetheless. Curiously, the dog was lying in a piece of white bread. Must be what he eats, I thought. This was wonderful! Just think of all the money I would save on dog food. I decided that I would name him Beeble and he would be my friend forever and ever.
I carried Beeble home and then I threw a rock in my window so I could get back inside. Carefully, I tucked him into a tiny bed that I had made from a shoe box and some gym socks. Then, we both went to bed. "Nighty night, Beeble," I whispered softly. Beeble didn't say anything, but I knew that he was saying, "Nighty night, Bob," in his mind.
The next morning, me and Beeble went out for a day on the town. We tried to hop on the bus, but the driver pointed to a sign and said, "No food or drinks on the bus." I didn't know what he was talking about. I didn't have any food or drinks. I tried to politely explain to him that I didn't have any food or drinks, but he insisted, so I ended up walking instead. I made Beeble a leash out of an old shoelace that I found in the dumpster and I dragged him down the street. People stared at us. I just waved and smiled. Suddenly, a huge, fat gray cat leaped out from behind a tree and grabbed Beeble. I was horrified. "Give back my dog, you horrid beast!" I cried. I ran after the cat with a stick in my hands, trying to free my poor Beeble from his evil grasp. But the cat was so fast. Finally, I caught up to him, but before I could rescue my beloved new pet, the dispicable feline gulped him up and swallowed him whole. "Beeble!" I shrieked. My new dog was gone.
I scowled at the cat and then turned home. I was heartbroken. My dog was gone and I was again petless. Why were all of these terrible animals eating my pets? Then, I thought and thought and realized that maybe a dog wasn't right for me. I needed something else. Something bigger and better. I heard of something called a chocolate moose. Maybe that would be a better choice...
Suddenly, Squishy, my little goldfish bobbed up to the top for some air. Squishy was laying on his back with his fins drooping at his sides. He never did this before, so I thought he was showing me a new trick. "Funny, Squishy!" I giggled. I poked him with a tooth pick, but he just sunk to the bottom. I laughed again, "Oh Squishy, you're so funny! You're so smart. How ever did you learn such a neat trick?"
I sat and watched Squishy for a long, long time. I didn't even get up to go to the bathroom or take a shower or eat. After about three weeks, I was feeling really skinny and I smelled like dead smelt rolled in pig poo, so I decided to go to the kitchen to make myself a pbj. I when I got back, I saw a huge pigeon sitting on the edge of the fish tank. "Shoo bird!" I cried. The pigeon plunged his talons into the fish tank, seized Squishy by the tail, and flew out the window. "Squishy!!!!" I shrieked, but I was dreadfully too late. My poor fish was gone, and I was now petless.
I needed a new pet. I needed something to call my own, something that would bite the mailman every morning, something that would throw up all over my morning paper, something that would jump on the table and eat my dinner every night when I wasn't looking... I needed a dog!!!! I was so happy with my revelation that I could have sung. I hadn't brushed my teeth in three weeks, though, so when I opened my mouth to sing a note, all of the plants in the garden wilted. I looked out the window, and an old lady passed out on the sidewalk and a child ran away, screaming, "Mommy, Mommy! Something stinks!"
I decided that I needed to find the right kind of dog for me. There were lots of dogs out there... big dogs, little dogs, short dogs, tall dogs. I needed to find just the right one. So, I decided right then and there that I was going to find a dog right at that instant. I ran straight for the door. I kept banging and banging my head into the door, but it wouldn't seem to open. I screamed, "Let me outta here!!!" But the door didn't listen. Finally, I just gave up and jumped out the window. I was all cut up from the glass, but at least I was outside! I strolled halfway down the sidewalk, but then a fat little boy with short blonde hair cried out in laughter, "Daddy, that guy has no pants! " What was he talking about, I wondered. Then I looked down and realized he was talking about me! I didn't know how to get back into my house, so I ran in the backyard and covered my butt up with leaves. Then I carried on.
I walked and walked until I made it into the city. The city was very interesting, with so many cars and subways and buildings, and the people were very interested in me. Everybody seemed to stare at me and whisper amongst eachother. A few of them held their noses but kept on looking. I wondered what they were talking about, but all of this attention made me feel like a celebrity. I walked and walked until I heard a voice calling, "Hot dogs! Get your hot dogs! Nice and juicy!" Then it dawned on me- hot dog! I needed a hot dog. That would be the perfect pet. I would keep me warm at night because it was so hot! I ran up and found the man selling the dogs and I asked him for one. "That'll be $2.00," the man told me. I didn't have any money, so I hid behind the fire hydrant, and when he wasn't looking, I scurried up, snatched a dog from his cart, and ran off into the city.
I was so happy! I finally had a dog. A funny looking dog, with a long, skinny red body, a wrinkled face, and no arms, legs, ears, eyes, or a mouth, but he was a dog, nonetheless. Curiously, the dog was lying in a piece of white bread. Must be what he eats, I thought. This was wonderful! Just think of all the money I would save on dog food. I decided that I would name him Beeble and he would be my friend forever and ever.
I carried Beeble home and then I threw a rock in my window so I could get back inside. Carefully, I tucked him into a tiny bed that I had made from a shoe box and some gym socks. Then, we both went to bed. "Nighty night, Beeble," I whispered softly. Beeble didn't say anything, but I knew that he was saying, "Nighty night, Bob," in his mind.
The next morning, me and Beeble went out for a day on the town. We tried to hop on the bus, but the driver pointed to a sign and said, "No food or drinks on the bus." I didn't know what he was talking about. I didn't have any food or drinks. I tried to politely explain to him that I didn't have any food or drinks, but he insisted, so I ended up walking instead. I made Beeble a leash out of an old shoelace that I found in the dumpster and I dragged him down the street. People stared at us. I just waved and smiled. Suddenly, a huge, fat gray cat leaped out from behind a tree and grabbed Beeble. I was horrified. "Give back my dog, you horrid beast!" I cried. I ran after the cat with a stick in my hands, trying to free my poor Beeble from his evil grasp. But the cat was so fast. Finally, I caught up to him, but before I could rescue my beloved new pet, the dispicable feline gulped him up and swallowed him whole. "Beeble!" I shrieked. My new dog was gone.
I scowled at the cat and then turned home. I was heartbroken. My dog was gone and I was again petless. Why were all of these terrible animals eating my pets? Then, I thought and thought and realized that maybe a dog wasn't right for me. I needed something else. Something bigger and better. I heard of something called a chocolate moose. Maybe that would be a better choice...

No comments:
Post a Comment